Idiots.

trq

Currently I am on a two week vacation from work. Before I left, I spent three days digging through procedure documentation and putting it into an easy to use document outlining how to update different aspects of each of our main websites. I then handed this documentation to my boss and let her know that if there was any urgent updates to be made while I was away she would need to follow these very simple instructions.

Today (one week into my holidays) I receive an email. "We have updated the 'NewMedia' website, we didn't follow your instructions, it is broken, can you vpn in and take a look?"

They have got to be kidding!!!

Bet they thought they didn't need your instructions. They're too good for instructions. Heck, if it was a guy that did it, it is true that guys don't read the instructions until they try it themselves and fail about a dozen times. That's when you pull out the instructions.

I would pretend I went somewhere without internet access.

Same here, fuck, fuckin up your holiday.  You explicitly told them what to do, you've got all the right to ignore... go have a beer :)

Though, I could see where you might worry about them screwing everything up before you get back, that would blow.

I would pretend I went somewhere without internet access.

Same here, fuck, fuckin up your holiday.  You explicitly told them what to do, you've got all the right to ignore... go have a beer :)

Though, I could see where you might worry about them screwing everything up before you get back, that would blow.

Yeah it's the 2nd part that always gets me to respond in the end.  Whenever I'm OOO and I get emails like that my first thought is to ignore it and be like fuck that, this is my time off, but then I think about how fucked it will be when I get back because it will just be there waiting for me the whole time, simmering to a nice level of "bend me over and jam it in"

I wouldn't work on it unless you were guaranteed either:

1. That the time you spent working while on your vacation would not be deducted from your vacation time.  Instead, it would be treated as if you were in the office for that/those day(s).

2. A small bonus for the work done on what is, essentially, ultra overtime.

Of course, I'm the kind of guy who can't stand that kind of stupidity, so I'd have some choice words for your boss, as well.  Then again, tact has never been my strong suit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.