Forum Software

doddsey_65

thanks for the support lads. This time ive been doing research and planning more and before i get into it again i need to clean up the code. I have also been looking at several other forums(not just phpbb and mybb) but other smaller forums and noticed that very few of them have a subforum feature where forums can be within forums. So that it my next step. To try and get it working. If you have time i made a post abut what help i need for this feature here. Id appreciate it if someone could take a look. Thanks.

couldn't figure out how to create a new post - figured I didn't have the privileges to do so.  But when you click on "Development" from the location tree shown at the top of the forum spread, you get this output:

array(3) { [0]=> string(5) "42S22" [1]=> int(1054) [2]=> string(40) "Unknown column 'f_pid' in 'where clause'" }

Oh, okay.  I found it.  However, I recommend renaming it to "Create New Topic", as this clearly caused me some confusion.  Your aim should make things as barney-simple for users as possible while maintaining your style.  I like the project and am watching it develop.  I was sad to hear you dropped it after I read everybody's positive comments.  Not sure which areas you need assistance, but I could volunteer my efforts.

And I'd like to note that each of the tree links works EXCEPT for "Development".

[attachment deleted by admin]

I will take your advice into consideration thanks. Anything to help improve ASF is greatly appreciated. As for helping, i am in need of some testing done. I have always needed to test ASF but since i deleted the files and retrieved them they were incomplete and old copies. So sections that used to work may not anymore. The best thing you could do for me is to make a topic or two, edit your user settings via the user center, upload an avatar and crop it etc. If i know all of these things actually work then i can sleep easier lol.

Thanks!

Just a side note, you will not be able to edit your signature since i have gotten rid of CKEditor and havent replaced it in that section either. it will throw up some javascript errors on that page which means some other features on the same page(upload avatar, crop avatar) which rely on JS will not work either.

I have spent the best part of 2 hours completely revamping the code for the topic display page. I have gotten rid of the jQuery pagination and have dramatically cleaned up the code. I havent added the files to the server yet because i want to make sure the changes i have made work fully and dont mess up anything else. I have also done some small graphical changes as i wasnt completely happy with the layout. I will start next on the post display pages and once that is done i will upload the new files to the server.

Doddsey,

This thread seems to be turning into a journal of your development activities.  That is not the purpose of this forum, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  Good luck with your project, and of course if you have questions you are more than welcome to continue to pose them in the appropriate forums.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am now taking feature requests so if you have any please let me know. I am going to start working on a PM system and maybe my own texteditor. Then after i fix a few small bugs in the main programming i will be moving on to the admin center and finally the install wizard. Then it will be a fully fledged beta release.

Good work, looks great.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.