HTTP Error Code 404 in Dreamweaver

For days I have been trying to connect Dreamweaver to my remote MySql database. I fill in Dreamweaver's MySQL Connection settings using my;

-MySql server address;

-my username

-my password

-the correct database

exactly like I do in the mySQL Control Center program (which works great)

but I get the HTTP Error Code 404 File Not found message

What am I missing?

• 1 month later...
For days I have been trying to connect Dreamweaver to my remote MySql database.  I fill in Dreamweaver's MySQL Connection settings using my;

-MySql server address;

-my username

-my password

-the correct database

exactly like I do in the mySQL Control Center program (which works great)

but I get the HTTP Error Code 404 File Not found message

What am I missing?

195178[/snapback]

I'm having this same problem! please somone help, I dont understand how the file cannot be found when i can goto firefox and pull up the same directory that dreamweaver says is missing. heres a pic of the error http://www.ecann.net/maddog/errordw.JPG I know you will prolly need more info to solve my question but i just dont see whats wrong. Any ideas? i'll love you forever lol -md

• 2 weeks later...
Please someone help with this issue god damn it i will pay you if i have to.. just please lol i still havent found a solution :(

213190[/snapback]

Someone said "pay"??? :D Even though I'm a n00bie myself, I'll give it a whirl.

Please check the following ...

Server Not Online issue

a. Is your connection to remote server working? As you prolly already know Error 404s usually exist when servers are out of commission, i.e. they are "down".

b. You said you tried the code in FireFox, did you try it in IE or any other browser?

Mapping Issue

a. Check your Config files and make sure that the pathing is correct. Make sure that the "slashes" are correct and not reversed. It's usually the small things which we overlook.

Keep me posted. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.