$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] inside an echo statement?

DCM

Hi I am new to PHP and this is my first post one here so appologies is this questions seems a bit dumb!

I have an if clause such that if a button is pressed on my web page then i want to reload the page and include a new form on it.

I am having a problem getting the $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] command to work from iside a echo command. I must not be escaping the code correctly with back slashes:

I currently have the line :

echo"<form method=\"POST\" action=\"\<?$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']?\>\">";

However this doesnt seem to work as my page just doesnt display in the browser.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

I wouldn't use $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; as there are know security issues with it, just leave the action attribute empty if your not concerned about validation, or just put the name of the file you are working on in there, as the form's default action is to post to itself anyway, there is no need to use $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] at all really...

Rw

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.