Session end notification

fezzik

Hello everyone! Welcome to my 1st post.

I'm looking for help with the following:

I would like to create a SESSION end notification for users. Is it possible to create a notification that informs users that their SESSION has expired and give them the option to continue the SESSION or close the SESSION?

Any help is much appreciated. If you have any additional questions please ask.

Best,

Fezzik

I think I wasn't specific enough but I might be still somewhat asleep.

If the user is logged in and their session is created. Then they are inactive for the value defined in session.gc_maxlifetime. Instead of ending the session and having the user renew their session by logging in again, is it possible to create a method that prompts the user to either continue the session or close it using a popup window when session.gc_maxlifetime is reached. The session would never actually close until the user selects either close session from this new window or uses a logout method on the site.

Best,

Fezzik

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.