Wordpress weird Jquery Conflict

andr923

Ok, so after a lot of experimentation I got the script to work like I wanted, but now I'm still left with a perplexing question.

I was trying to implement a jQuery based javascript image gallery (Galleria) into my wordpress theme.  Everytime, I got the gallery to work, my wordpress admin pages would lose their javascript abilities.  Now that I got that to work apparently by using the wp_enqueue script to stop wordpress from loading jquery if (!is_admin()) I am still perplexed as to why I couldn't get my gallery to work when loading jQuery from wp_head().

In order to get the script to work, I had to include jquery from outside of wp_head within the header.php html.  This doesn't make sense to me.  Why should that have made a difference?  I am obviously not a professional developer (musician by trade) but the only difference I noticed in the code is that wp_head even when linking to the same exact google-stored library included ?ver=1.4.2 tag at the end

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://amberkayo.com/wordpress/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.4.2'></script>

.  Could that be why my gallery wouldn't work when jquery was included with wp_head()?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.