PHP Tags are back :)

• 4 months later...

I bet the message is parsed before it's added to the database and the PHP parts were just formated beforehand using regex or something, that would explain why the quote tags from way back are different too

see check it out

[a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=34590&view=findpost&p=126084\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=126084[/a]

When you use BBCodes the BBCode parser in IPB parses these BBCode to HTML and then puts it in htmlentities. Once it gets requested IPB then decodes the htmlentities into normal HTML so the browser parses it correctly. When you go to edit your post IPB then goes through a complicated process putting back in the bbcodes!

Why IPB decided to do it this anyones guess as I think it would of been better to parse the BBCode when you request the data! So when it gets stored its just the raw data.

This is why you see old posts with highlighted php code in them!

I got so I excited when say this thread but it was just an old thread that got replied to :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,,

I was off for a long time & now back,, sad to see some nice features like 'php tags' & 'solved buttons' went off,,

I've read few posts about,,

Hoping the boss could restore them soon,, :)

l8tr,,

This thread is extremely old and there isn't any reason for any more replys. The PHP tags or solved button may never be added back again. Hacking IPB isn't the most easiest things to do.

THREAD CLOSED