Photo

PHP Tags are back :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#21 coldkill

coldkill
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:55 PM

lol and going back off topic both methods work so both methods are correct nethier (ie my method) can be classed as a silly method if it works

You can learn alot from reading the manual

#22 dmsuperman

dmsuperman
  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 04:30 PM

[!--PHP-Head--][div class=\'phptop\']PHP[/div][div class=\'phpmain\'][!--PHP-EHead--][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]<?
[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]echo([/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]$me[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"].[/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]$you[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]);
[/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]?>[/span]
[/span][!--PHP-Foot--][/div][!--PHP-EFoot--]
Or do it like that, because it's the fastest.

#23 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 11:31 AM

Yeah there are still a litle problem, with the PHP tags as the explanation mark chnages to hex in this case:

[!--PHP-Head--][div class=\'phptop\']PHP[/div][div class=\'phpmain\'][!--PHP-EHead--][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]<?php
[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]if ([/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]$var [/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]&[/span][span style=\"color:#FF8000\"]#33;= \"something\")

// OR

[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]if (&[/span][span style=\"color:#FF8000\"]#33;$var)

[/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]But works fine like this[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"]:
echo [/span][span style=\"color:#DD0000\"]\"hello!!!\"[/span][span style=\"color:#007700\"];
[/span][span style=\"color:#0000BB\"]?>[/span]
[/span][!--PHP-Foot--][/div][!--PHP-EFoot--]

#24 ShadowMetis

ShadowMetis
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:22 AM

lol and going back off topic both methods work so both methods are correct nethier (ie my method) can be classed as a silly method if it works

View Post

Not to but into an argument that doesn't involve me, but your way _is_ silly because it contains pointless extra syntax. However, it _is_also_ correct, as you say, because it still outputs the intended string.
Proud user of [a href="http://www.gentoo.org/" target="_blank"]Gentoo Linux[/a].

#25 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:10 PM

Something else: when I edit a post and there are multiple blocks of code, all other blocks in the textarea are identical to the first. I have to c&p the blocks from the topic display below the edit area... Really annoying.

You guys probably already noticed this a long time ago, but I did not find any posts mentioning it.

#26 Leipe_Po

Leipe_Po
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

<?php
echo "work now damnit!";
?>

greetz Leipe_Po
[a href="http://www.synnercity.com" target="_blank"]SynnerCity.com[/a]<=my site

Dont let boards be run by politics, but by experince...

the day that i become guru will be the day i leave this site, better a noob somewhere else than a meaningless guru here

#27 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

They were destroyed with the forums upgrade. The admins are trying to get them restored.

Info: PHP Manual

#28 Leipe_Po

Leipe_Po
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:53 PM

ohh whahahahah damn i should look more to date's before i post something:P
whahahahahaha
greetz Leipe_Po
[a href="http://www.synnercity.com" target="_blank"]SynnerCity.com[/a]<=my site

Dont let boards be run by politics, but by experince...

the day that i become guru will be the day i leave this site, better a noob somewhere else than a meaningless guru here

#29 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:51 PM

<?php

echo "test";

?>

#30 redbullmarky

redbullmarky
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:32 PM

if all the posts in a topic are parsed with the same function, how come earlier posts work and new ones don't?
"you have to keep pissing in the wind to learn how to keep your shoes dry..."

I say old chap, that is rather amusing!

#31 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:40 PM

Good question.

#32 Zane

Zane
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:13 PM

I bet the message is parsed before it's added to the database and the PHP parts were just formated beforehand using regex or something, that would explain why the quote tags from way back are different too

see check it out
[a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=34590&view=findpost&p=126084\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=126084[/a]

btn_donate_SM.gif Want to thank me? Contribute to my PayPal piggy-bank

172938.png

#33 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:50 PM

When you use BBCodes the BBCode parser in IPB parses these BBCode to HTML and then puts it in htmlentities. Once it gets requested IPB then decodes the htmlentities into normal HTML so the browser parses it correctly. When you go to edit your post IPB then goes through a complicated process putting back in the bbcodes!

Why IPB decided to do it this anyones guess as I think it would of been better to parse the BBCode when you request the data! So when it gets stored its just the raw data.

This is why you see old posts with highlighted php code in them!

I got so I excited when say this thread but it was just an old thread that got replied to :(

#34 JackJack

JackJack
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

PHP
<?php

echo "Your all crazy!!!!!";

?>

#35 GBS

GBS
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

Hi all,,

I was off for a long time & now back,, sad to see some nice features like 'php tags' & 'solved buttons' went off,,
I've read few posts about,,

Hoping the boss could restore them soon,, :)

l8tr,,
Sorry for my english,... I do my best, but sometimes,...
1st intention: understand the problem
2nd intention: try to solve it
3rd intention: try to understand how to solve it :)

#36 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:43 PM

This thread is extremely old and there isn't any reason for any more replys. The PHP tags or solved button may never be added back again. Hacking IPB isn't the most easiest things to do.

THREAD CLOSED