Youtube Playlist Application

PaulRyan

This something I have been thinking of for a few weeks now just never got round to creating it until now.

How it works

You add songs to the MySQL database and select which playlist any new song goes into.

When you have added the song it will automatically be added to its respective playlist and have a number allocated for the play in order.

The clever bit is that it plays on a continuous loop as the script finds out how long the song is and updates a field, so when the song has played through it will loop to the next one and when it reaches the end it will loop back to the start.

You can skip forward and backwards, stop the song, pause the song and play the song.

All of this with just PHP, MySQL, Javascript, HTML and CSS.

Pretty proud of it if I may say so myself.

Link

Check it out here: http://www.pulse-box.com/youtube/index.php

I haven't allowed people to create playlists or add songs currently, thinking of creating login system so members can have their own playlists or something like that.

Also members will be allowed to change the order of songs in their playlists ECT.

Just have a look and mess around :)

Regards, Paul.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.