What do you think about my website?

yana

good thing about jpegs is that you don't always need max resolution/quality to get excellent results. the default is 75 in most cases (i feel you're prob right up to the max), but i generally find that i can get a good quality vs filesize ratio somewhere between 75-85, although it also varies from picture to picture.

It looks really nice. Just change the title to something shorter and do not write it in all uppercase. Make sure your css is valid: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.exit911.com%2F&usermedium=all
and that your (X)HTML is valid: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.exit911.com%2F

[quote author=yana link=topic=108838.msg438661#msg438661 date=1158841530]
I create all my graphics in photo shop and save them for web as JPG at MAX resolution.

What alternate solution can I use to reduce the image size???
[/quote]
In photoshop, check the "Preview" box then select push the bar to max resolution. Then move it down 1 by 1 watching the image until you see your previewed image change. Then move it back 1 again so it regains the quality loss you just noticed.

I find that sometimes I can get it down to 5-6 without any noticeable loss of quality, yet the filesize becomes much lower. :)

Thanks for all the tips.  :)

Validating my pages is going to take some time...such a hassle!!!!!! I've just validated the home page...and only a million more pages to go! :P By the way, what is the benefit of having my pages validated?

In regards to Firefox, I checked and the banner does change...not the same soft gradual effect but it does change. But what is the reason for the difference between Firefox and IE? Is not all Javascript supported by Firefox??? It's so frustrating to try and please ALL browsers!!! Why can't we have just one standard???

By the way, does anyone know which is the most popular browser these days in terms of %????

[quote author=yana link=topic=108838.msg440844#msg440844 date=1159188111]
Validating my pages is going to take some time...such a hassle!!!!!! I've just validated the home page...and only a million more pages to go! :P By the way, what is the benefit of having my pages validated?
[/quote]
less of a hassle for more people. the tools that the blind/visually impaired use are more likely to work properly if your site is valid. also, there's more chance of working across the board on more browsers (standards compliant ones, at least :) ). also, it just looks better (ie, like youve made the effort) if your site validates.
to be honest, lots of errors you see when validating your page are a result of other errors. so solving one may solve 1,2, 4,10 errors - so dont be put off validating your site, as it may be corrected quicker than you think...

I've validated the home page www.exit911.com and in terms of XHTML it's a perfect valid page now.

However when I try to validate CSS, I get the following error message:
[b]Please, validate your XML document first![/b]

What XML document is this message referring to????????  :-\

[quote author=yana link=topic=108838.msg440970#msg440970 date=1159196180]
I've validated the home page www.exit911.com and in terms of XHTML it's a perfect valid page now.

However when I try to validate CSS, I get the following error message:
[b]Please, validate your XML document first![/b]

What XML document is this message referring to????????  :-\

[/quote]

usually means you have errors in your xhtml page.  Try typing the css document url directly into the css validator.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.