Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gardan06

cron job question

i was opting to use cron job as someone told me its the best way to send email subscriptions to users automatically. my scenario is that users can opt to choose between daily and weekly subscription, both self-explanatory.

i was thinking of making 7 cron jobs, one for each day, to cope up with both the daily and the weekly subscriptions(the weekly ones being the users who registered that day). is making 7 cron jobs practical?

Why not make 1 cron job and let a "switchboard" script do the rest? 

Example:
Create a script to check the day and if it's the day the weekly emails are sent, send to both "weekly" and "daily" subscribers.  If it's not the day weekly emails are sent, only send to daily subscribers.

This way you only need a Cron that runs daily.

Hope this makes sense.

Dest

actually, im thinking that weekly subscribing would be a "daily" thing too, you know, those who subscribed on monday get their weekly news on monday, those who subscribed on wednesday, you know were im getting at

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.