Photo

mail(); puts the mails in SPAM folder...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 karthikeyan_coder

karthikeyan_coder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:10 AM

i have to send 200-300 emails to different receivers... while i use mail(); for sending emails then those mails are being placed in junk or spam folder what ever it called... :( how can i solve this prob?

Please help me.

Thank you.
www.karthi.us

#2 obsidian

obsidian
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,202 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:19 AM

are you providing a From: and Reply-To: header? sometimes simply providing a subject with real content, a genuine from and reply-to addresses is enough to keep spam filters from blocking messages.
You can't win, you can't lose, you can't break even... you can't even get out of the game.

<?php
while (count($life->getQuestions()) > 0)
{   $life->study(); } ?>
  LINKS: PHP: Manual MySQL: Manual PostgreSQL: Manual (X)HTML: Validate It! CSS: A List Apart | IE bug fixes | Zen Garden | Validate It! JavaScript: Reference Cards RegEx: Everything RegEx

#3 karthikeyan_coder

karthikeyan_coder
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:21 AM

yes... im using FROM ,Repy-to headers....
www.karthi.us

#4 tomfmason

tomfmason
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,696 posts
  • Locationstealing your wifi

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:28 AM

Also, some mail servers search the subject line for certain catch fraises. Like Great Deal or what ever.

I have a list of about a 250 that I search the subject of the incomming message for. If there is a match, it will be placed in the junk folder and the email will be placed in a catch_spam file. So from then on I will redirect email from that sender to a junk folder.

Good Luck,
Tom

Traveling East in search of instruction, and West to propagate the knowledge I have had gained.

current projects: pokersource

My Blog | My Pastebin | PHP Validation class | Backtrack linux

#5 HuggieBear

HuggieBear
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,899 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

I know Hotmail has an issue if you put the To: field in the headers.  It moves it to the junk folder.

By just having the to: field as the first argument in the call to mail() and removing it from the 'headers' parameter, it went from putting them in the junk folder to putting them in the inbox.

Regards
Huggie
Advice to MySQL users: Get phpMyAdmin and test your queries work there first, take half the hassle out of diagnosis, also check the reserved words list.

Links: PHP Docs :: RegEx's :: MySQL :: DevGuru :: w3schools

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users