Wamp Forum???

pjkinann

Would anyone know where to find a Wamp forum?  I have googled it, except I'm getting French - everything in French. 

I tried installing Apache, but cannot get it working.  I have IIS running on my computer but wanted to learn PHP, not ASP.  I have a Coldfusion Administrator server running on my computer.

So I'm assuming that if one wants to learn ASP, they use IIS; if they want to learn PHP they need Apache?

IS that correct?

So I installed WAMP, but I can't get that working either.  As soon as I click on START ALL SERVICES, it tries to start and then immediately goes off.

I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this thread, but I'm new so I figured I'd start here.

THank you for any help you can offer.
Pamela (PJ)

Hello I believe the problem you are having is with the coldfusion server and the apache server, i had the same problem with my system but using xampp, when I installed the coldfusion server it kept turning my apache server off. let me take a stab in the dark, you are using coldfusion mx7 and the apache version on your wamp is 2.2. Have a look at this page <a href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=8001e97"> Coldfusion 7 is not compatible with Apache 2.2 </a>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.