IF IE6 Else

liamloveslearning

Hi all,

im having a tedious time sorting my website in ie6!, I want to show 1 navigation if ie6 if not show the other, Is there a specific hack for this? Ive tried googling and found nothing and ive used the following which doesnt seem to work...

<!--[if IE 6]>
my code to show if ies [ELSE]show this if its anything other than ie6 <![endif]--> 

Conditional comments don't work with if/else I don't believe. You only get if.

You will have to rethink your logic on this. You could use your conditional comment to wrap everything in an extra div with an ID you can target in IE6 (and only IE6). That's one suggestion.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

im having a tedious time sorting my website in ie6!, I want to show 1 navigation if ie6 if not show the other, Is there a specific hack for this? Ive tried googling and found nothing and ive used the following which doesnt seem to work...

<!--[if IE 6]>
my code to show if ies [ELSE]show this if its anything other than ie6 <![endif]--> 

There was one, then there was another one, and a third. Now they are talking about IE9.. And you are still wasting time with IE6?

You would think useless junk should be avoided, even more so, when it comes to useless junk, about a decade old.

Maybe its time for me to reinstate my warning, about old browsers in my signature.. Huh? nah!

• 2 weeks later...

or this should work if you really want to use conditional statements

<!--[if lte IE 6]>
my code to show if ie6 or less
<![endif]-->
<!--[if gt IE 6]>
show this if its ie higher than ie6 
<![endif]-->

<!--[if !IE]>

show this if its anything other than ie

<![endif]-->[/code]

see:

http://css-tricks.com/how-to-create-an-ie-only-stylesheet/

i know it's about style sheets but it has a lot of info on IE conditional statements

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.