Hi guys

naike

Hi I just joined this forum to get some help if I encounter problems or questions while creating my first database driven website with php.

I already have very basic knowledge of HTML and I'm now working on PHP, so far it seems pretty much like C++ which I unfortunately don't know, but it's very logical.

I've been following tutorials on the web and I've read one book so far, and as I said before, I'm now creating my first website that will use PHP to communicate with a mysql database.

Anyways, hello to you all.

Hi I just joined this forum to get some help if I encounter problems or questions while creating my first database driven website with php.

I already have very basic knowledge of HTML and I'm now working on PHP, so far it seems pretty much like C++ which I unfortunately don't know, but it's very logical.

I've been following tutorials on the web and I've read one book so far, and as I said before, I'm now creating my first website that will use PHP to communicate with a mysql database.

Anyways, hello to you all.

Hi. 

Just to let you know PHP is really nothing like c++ at all.  It shares some syntax with c, javascript and perl, and in version 5 and 6 has started to borrow some things from Java.  The important design ideas behind PHP:

-It can be intermixed easily with HTML/markup languages

-It's parsed and interpreted on the fly

-It is a loosely typed language, meaning that variables don't have to be declared before they are used, and can change datatype via automatic typecasting without you having to cast the values or convert them in your code.

-It has a well defined api that allows external libraries to be integrated quickly and easily.  This accounts for its utility.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.