RHCE/Zend certifications a good idea?

Koobi

In terms of being appealing to a potential employer, would you say that getting your RHCE (Red Hat Certified Expert) and/or Zend certification is a good idea?

I have over 7 years of working experience as a developer but I have no bachelors degree (only an associates) so, what do you think?

I am getting my CCNA within the next 30 days. I may consider CCNP as well.

Feel free to suggest any other certifications as well.

It won't hurt to get it (unless you don't pass, then it's the torture of endless ridicule); I've yet to see any occasion where being a ZCE was a requirement (even when listed as such, it wasn't really...) but it shows you've put in the time and expense (more on that later) to receive a recognised qualification.  If you're working at the moment, get your employer to foot the bill. Chances are, if you're an experienced developer, there won't even be much need for study in preparation for the exam.

Out of interest, which particular certification are you looking at? :)

I'm looking at the ZCE PHP 5.3 exam. I'm pretty much convinced to do it now.

I guess I should give you some background info.

I want to eventually apply for a job abroad and having an extra certification always gives you an edge, I guess.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.