Windows 32 to 64 bit (Gaming)

The Little Guy

I am playing a game, and it starts to slow down the further I get into the game.

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core 2 - 2,5GHz or equivalent AMD

RAM: 1GB (XP) / 1,5GB (Vista)

Video Card: 512 Mb Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850

HDD: 8 Gb

I have:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2GHz

RAM: 4GB (2.75 Usable)

Video Card: 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT

HDD: 120GB

A few questions:

1. If I upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit, will the game run better?

- This should give me closer to 4GB RAM

2. Will this make my processor not faster, but handle more data more efficiently, allow the game to be not so jerky and slow, and more responsive?

2. Is the processor killing me, on this, and no matter what going to make the game slow whether I have Win 32 or 64?

Considering your CPU is considerably below the minimum requirements, I'd say that it where the problem is.

I wouldn't say considerably below since Intels run at a faster speed than AMDs but have equivalent power.... but yeah, a bump up wouldn't hurt. As far as switching from 32 to 64 bit.. mmm I don't think you'll see a difference with your specs.

I've had murder with the companies that supply our office PCs. We usually get DELL or HP machines and what happens is we order a machine that has about 8gb of RAM and they ship it with the 32 bit version of the OS, then to say that it is what the machine is installed with. Tossers, why would you pay for a machine with that amout of memory when the OS isn't compatible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.