URL adone

How do get something that like when you click say a link that takes you to test.php and will say HI on the page. But Iv seen stuff on sites where you go to a link to that test.php exept its test.php?test and the page would say HI HOW ARE YOU insted of HI... How do you do that?

• 1 month later...
How do get something that like when you click say a link that takes you to test.php and will say HI on the page.  But Iv seen stuff on sites where you go to a link to that test.php exept its test.php?test and the page would say HI HOW ARE YOU insted of HI... How do you do that?

203759[/snapback]

<?
if(!$test){
echo 'hi';
}
if($test == php){
echo 'welcome to PHP!';
}
?>

Hope that helped

<?
if(!$test){
echo 'hi';
}
if($test == php){
echo 'welcome to PHP!';
}
?>

Yes this won't as you haven't defined any _POST or _GET variables. Or your PHP configuartion has register_globals on.

<?php
if(isset($_GET['test']) == "hi")
{
   echo "hi, how are your?";
}
else
{
   echo '<a href="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'?test=hi">Click to see a message</a>';
}
?>

I have got it figured out but now I am wondering how do you get it so that in your browser it will be something like calendar.php?cal=2005&month=feb I can get it to do that except if I have echo on the variable cal=2005 then it will show up when I put the cal=2005&month=feb plus the text that I want to echo back when you type that it so how can I get it so that cal=2005 will echo back as say calender and cal=2005&month=feb will just echo back with other next nothing that is on the cal=2005

here is my script

[!--PHP-Head--][div class=\'phptop\']PHP[/div][div class=\'phpmain\'][!--PHP-EHead--]

if( !$cal )

{

echo \"Calender\";

}

if( $cal == 2005 )

{

echo \"Choose a month\";

}

if( $cal == \'2005\' && $month == \'jan\' )

{

echo \"January\";

}

[/span][!--PHP-Foot--][/div][!--PHP-EFoot--]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.