1 Table 6 fields - concatenate into 3 sets, compare and replace where match

OldWest

Although I am deciding on the best route to go on this, I was hoping for any feedback or ideas on the best and simplest approach to the below problem:

Here is my table structure:

old_code_1

old_code_2

new_code_1

new_code_2

prod_code_1

prod_code_2

Each of the following fields has 5 digits e.g. 00045, 12654, etc.

What I need to achieve is this:

Concatenate each set (of the 3 sets above) data into one variable e.g. old_code_1 + old_code_2 = 0004512654. So old_code_1 & old_code_2 would become a combined data and the same for the othe 2 sets.

Then. Once concatenated, I need to compare: prod_code_1+prod_code_2 with old_code_1+old_code_2 and replace prod_code_1+prod_code_2 with new_code_1+new_code_2 where matches are found.

The new_code_1 & 2 are in the same row as the old_code 1 & 2. So the data is in alignment that way for comparison.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions on how to make this happen in the simplest form possible.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.