min/max search results

Ninjakreborn

$select = "SELECT * FROM $postset WHERE categoryname = '$category' AND subcategoryname = '$subcategory' AND schoolname = '$school' AND price > '$searchpricemin' AND price < '$searchpricemax';";
ok this was the search query, I have one in the db, with price of 80 just for a test
When I put in minimum of 70 maximum of 85 or 90 then it works
but when I put in, minimum of 70 maximum of 100 or higher, it doesn't bring search results, I need it to get everything within that minimum maximum range, what's going on.

EDIT
see I also just tried usin
$select = "SELECT * FROM $postset WHERE categoryname = '$category' AND subcategoryname = '$subcategory' AND schoolname = '$school' AND price BETWEEN '$searchpricemin' AND '$searchpricemax';"
and it's not working right.  The min number and max numbers are also recieving the right values, it's just neither one seem to be working.

[quote author=Barand link=topic=109078.msg439550#msg439550 date=1158947873]
What column type is the number column? If it is char or varchar, change it to a numeric type such as INT
[/quote]
If the colum is for prices, then INT type may not be a good idea, as there might be decimal points in the values.

$select = "SELECT * FROM $postset WHERE categoryname = '$category' AND subcategoryname = '$subcategory' AND schoolname = '$school' AND price BETWEEN $searchpricemin AND $searchpricemax";

but as said above if it is not 'int' in table then wont work.. also not sure if as they are int being checked if it needs to be surounded with '' or not

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.