Graphic Checkboxes?

EmperorDoom

Hey everyone, I want to make a calendar where you can click multiple days and have them visually register as clicked sort of like checkboxes.. actually.. i want them to be checkboxes but instead of having that ugly box in there just have the number of the day.. They also have to respond to a form so that when it is submitted i get an array or something of all the dates that were selected.. is this possible? what do I have to do to get rid of those checkboxes? I think I can do it in CSS but there are other checkboxes on the same page that i want to appear.. maybe javascript? Thanks for any help

The only thing I can come up with is

Make each day a DIV with on onClick event calling a javascript function.
Have a set of hidden checkboxes, one for each day.
When the day is clicked, the js function sets/unsets the corresponding checkbox and changes the background color style of the day DIV.

(Moving to javascript forum)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.