LinuxForum.com Coming Back

Hey everyone...

I've decided I want to bring http://LinuxForum.com back as part of our network. The domain has been sitting idle for awhile and it use to be a really awesome site.  I've installed a forum over there and enabled some features such as Facebook Connect and etc on that site.  Please stop by and register and we'll handle the Linux based topics over there. 

This is not a replacement to PHPFreaks, but we temporarily redirected LinuxForum.com awhile ago to our Linux board on this site.  If there's no major objections, I would like to redirect that board back to LinuxForum.com and start fresh on the Linux topics there.

Anyone interested in joining the crew on that site as well?  Looking for Mods / Admins and anyone who wants to get involved.

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I checked it out yesterday and it went from a parked domain to a forum, but now it's back to the parked domain. Is anyone else able to see the actual forum?

Besides that yesterday it looked good.

Should be fine... remember domains take a while to officially propagate sometimes :)

hmmm...so I went there and...

First off, I wonder if it makes sense to link phpfreaks smf with linuxforum smf so we don't have to register a separate account over there?

2nd...I can't seem to even register there...I click the register button and it displays the ToS and when I click to agree to it...it just keeps refreshing the same ToS page, can't move beyond that.

First off, I wonder if it makes sense to link phpfreaks smf with linuxforum smf so we don't have to register a separate account over there?

2nd...I can't seem to even register there...I click the register button and it displays the ToS and when I click to agree to it...it just keeps refreshing the same ToS page, can't move beyond that.

That sounds like a great idea.. i'll see what it takes to link the two together.  I'll check into the login thing and see what's going on there.

Thanks for the ideas!

That sounds like a great idea.. i'll see what it takes to link the two together.  I'll check into the login thing and see what's going on there.

Thanks for the ideas!

Personally I would not like my login to be carried over to the Linux forum. I'm pretty sure this is outside the scope of the Terms of Service and Rules. On that note I'm unable to see the Rules and TOS page via the main nav. It just shows me the forum index?

Also, one thing new we're doing with LinuxForum is implementing a Facebook Connect and a Facebook App: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=114504418614084

This *could* be done on PHPFreaks but there was some resistance to the idea here.. I'd love to test it out on LinuxForum and see how it goes. Pretty cool you can switch over to a tab in facebook and read / post in the forums easily...  Seems Facebook is taking the majority of the web traffic these days, so this could be an interesting test.

FF 3.6.12

I also just tried in Chrome and get the same issue. The link is http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums//page/rules-and-terms-of-service

Obviously the extra forward slash shouldnt (doesnt) matter, but still no cigar

Ahh ok, I thought you were referring to the TOS on LinuxForum.com.  I've updated the full path to the Rules & TOS here and the link should work properly now.  I did an update last night on PHPFreaks to enable Pretty / Friendly URLs and it seems to have broken some of the menu items - all fixed.

FF 3.6.12

I also just tried in Chrome and get the same issue. The link is http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums//page/rules-and-terms-of-service

Obviously the extra forward slash shouldnt (doesnt) matter, but still no cigar

Ahh ok, I thought you were referring to the TOS on LinuxForum.com.  I've updated the full path to the Rules & TOS here and the link should work properly now.  I did an update last night on PHPFreaks to enable Pretty / Friendly URLs and it seems to have broken some of the menu items - all fixed.

Good work. I'd just like to re-iterate my main point. I don't want my details and login to be migrated across to the linux forum.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.