which?

Okay.. well could someone give me advice on a php editor? I am horrible at picking :( I change my program about every week! So its either NetBeans IDE, Notepad++, or PHPDesigner 7! I like them all... which one would you recommend for me?

P.S. Yes I saw the sticky topic, but it doesn't help what so ever since most the posts are years ago, and those programs are outdated...

Thanks!

Personally I like Netbeans, it has:

- auto complete,

- spell checking

- ftp

- subversion

- php error checking

- html error checking (tag matching, tag supported attributes)

- project management

- templates

- file associations (associate a non-regular file as some file type, such as: read txt file and display as an html file)

- an lots of other features I haven't looked into

Personally I like Netbeans, it has:

- auto complete,

- spell checking

- ftp

- subversion

- php error checking

- html error checking (tag matching, tag supported attributes)

- project management

- templates

- file associations (associate a non-regular file as some file type, such as: read txt file and display as an html file)

- an lots of other features I haven't looked into

hmm... how do I use the FTP??

You shouldn't be using FTP for anything since everything is sent in clear text.  You're better off setting up a correct development environment so that you can edit locally and only deploy when the application is ready for production.  If you *must* edit files remotely, then use SFTP if you can.  If SFTP is not available then you should set up an SSH tunnel and FTP to the port you create on your local machine.

I develop using NuSpherePhpEd Professional.

You shouldn't be using FTP for anything since everything is sent in clear text.  You're better off setting up a correct development environment so that you can edit locally and only deploy when the application is ready for production.  If you *must* edit files remotely, then use SFTP if you can.  If SFTP is not available then you should set up an SSH tunnel and FTP to the port you create on your local machine.

I develop using NuSpherePhpEd Professional.

hmm, thats true.. well, how can I set up cURL and some php functions that doesn't work with xammp local development?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.