web design moan why? why?

redarrow

First thing hello to everyone hope all is well.

I am on here to have a good moan and try to exsplain some real simple web design tips in html and php.

Why am i having a rell good old moan?

Well recently i was handed a job from a member from the freelance forum and it was a job that a so call web designer had design and it was terrible the whole website it self had to be reconfigred and correctly programmed so i got the hump!

Why dont designers use proper html tables to format a page ?

I dont get it i get a job with lots of stupid enbeded links and loads of images and stupid wording why?

Why dont you read and understand that a image is not search engine friendly and links should be words and not images why continue to add images as links?

What is it about adding a big flash intro to your websites agin there not google friendly but you continue to use them?

why does no one get the concept of <?php session_start()?> what is it you dont understand please tell me please.

Why havent you added a header.php and a footer.php why??? please why???

Why is it that you can not study some code before asking a quistion gets me?

Why do you lie on your websites saying you can do this and that but you dont relly no nothink?

The last question
I wonder if in the future that view souce in browsers will be abolished?

Well that my moans and you dont need to ansaw unless your relly board. 

All the best redarrow.

[quote]Why dont you read and understand that a image is not search engine friendly and links should be words and not images why continue to add images as links?[/quote]

some effects simply cannot be satisfactorily emulated with text.  if the website isn't SE-friendly, it's not your problem, it's the site-owner's.

[quote]What is it about adding a big flash intro to your websites agin there not google friendly but you continue to use them?[/quote]

some people like to be artistic and have a nice intro.  it's hard to emulate how well it can set up an atmosphere if the person viewing the site is actually interested.  they suck, but they're life.

[quote]why does no one get the concept of <?php session_start()?> what is it you dont understand please tell me please.[/quote]

sessions are a loaded topic; although easy to understand if you read up on them and know how PHP works, for the typical makeshift programmer who doesn't understand PHP fundamentals, it isn't always easy.

[quote]Why havent you added a header.php and a footer.php why??? please why???[/quote]

twofold:  first, not everyone is a php programmer.  second, not everyone uses a templated system like this when simple inline programming does the trick.

[quote]Why is it that you can not study some code before asking a quistion gets me?[/quote]

i don't know, but if you're asking why someone in the freelancing board doesn't the answer is simple:  they're paying you to know the answers.  if they wanted to study a little before paying someone else, where's the gain?

[quote]Why do you lie on your websites saying you can do this and that but you dont relly no nothink?[/quote]

because a lot of uninformed people don't investigate their options before hiring someone, so the "resume padding" trick is particularly effective on the internet.  the web is impersonal, lying is easy.  you need to trust that eventually people will smarten up after hiring lying, skillless freelancers.

[quote]I wonder if in the future that view souce in browsers will be abolished?[/quote]

no.

some things in life you just need to live with; i'm all for ranting, i just hope you realize that most of these complaints are exactly those things you have to live with.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.