2 replies to this topic

#1 Fitthing34

Fitthing34
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 12:48 AM

Hi there,

I'm having a great deal of trouble setting up a PHP-MySQL testing environment on my home PC. I have installed the IIS files needed, i have installed PHP and MySQL and am working with dreamweaver... the problem occurs when i come to make a connection to the database.

When i type in my details and hit the "select.." button it brings back the error message:

"1251 Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

which i can't understand because i only downloaded the MySQL thing today?

Can anyone shed a little light on my predicament? i'd be very greatful if someone could point out the errors in my ways.

Cheers,
Paulo

#2 mohTrend

mohTrend
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:08 PM

You have probably installed the latest mysql administrator from mysql. Dreamweaver mx 2004 has issues with you using a password to connect to your mysql database. try creating an account without a password and using that instead. this should not be a security risk as long as php, mysql and dreamweaver are in the same domain or machine.

#3 tomku

tomku
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 04:57 AM

You have probably installed the latest mysql administrator from mysql. Dreamweaver mx 2004 has issues with you using a password to connect to your mysql database. try creating an account without a password and using that instead. this should not be a security risk as long as php, mysql and dreamweaver are in the same domain or machine.

View Post

Turn on old password support using MySQL Administrator (Startup Variables -> Security -> Use old passwords), restart the server *then* reset the passwords on problem accounts. This will allow you to use passwords and dreamweaver.

t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users