One question to those who know a lot about php

11Tami

Hello, is there a problem with php calling url's in an array if they are not in the same directory? I can call pages just fine in the same directory but I am trying to call actual web site url's. So I put them in an array instead and it still doesn't work?

I looked at all the php manuals and their url instructions don't make sense for what I am trying to do.

Anyone know if there is a special command that needs to go in the code to make url's elswhere work, instead of your own web pages? Url's like something.com etc. etc. Thank you very much!

Are you using the file functions, such as  fopen, fread etc or file_get_contents() or whever then make sure that the PHP setting [b]allow_url_fopen[/b]is enabled in the php.ini and that php is not running in safe mode.

If the allow_url_fopen setting is enabled or PHP is in safe mode then this why you cannot use urls within your code.

• 1 month later...
It is a PHP setting, which attempts to solve the shared-server security problem. Most (shared) hosts enable this setting. Also In my last post the last sentance should read this:

If the allow_url_fopen setting is not enabled or PHP is in safe mode then this is why you cannot use urls within your code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.