PHP Form Auto-Empty Script

vigiw

Hello,

I have a working PHP form that sends data to my MySQL database.  It is used for a weather alert system.  One of the fields in the form & database is an expiration field.  It shows the user when the alert will expire.  Is there a way to auto-delete just the data sent with that form when it is supposed to expire?  I have many weather alerts and I would like them to be emptied from the database when it is needed.

Please help, this is a much needed feature.  All help appreciated :)

Thank you so much!

No, I don't want to delete tables.  I was just verifying that it only empties the data that I want it to, and not deleting.

I have a weather forecast system, it officially launched to the public last night.  I have different forecast areas and different alert types and so they are in their own tables of one database.  It is already working, the hard part is over.  I just want the old data to be removed.

I have another question:

What format does the expiretime have to be in?

Date, Time, maybe, I don't know the exact format to make the database understand.

Thanks.

Ok Thanks..

Is there a way to make this script automatic?  Maybe cron jobs?

I honestly do not know what a cron job is and have never used one so I would not know what to do.

It seems very tedious running this every so often since there will be quite the amount of alerts to empty when needed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.