Having a lot of trouble just getting to the simple machines installer!!!

machinus

I am new to php.

I have followed the SMF readme which includes installing IIS7, PHP, and MYSQL. I can access other files from outside, such as the license.txt for example. I have made sure my php.ini has the correct settings according to the readme. I am an admin and this is a dedicated machine, so I am not sure why I would be having permissions problems. Here is the error report:

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

C:\Program Files\PHP\php-cgi.exe - The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly

Detailed Error Information

Module FastCgiModule

Notification ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler PHP_via_FastCGI

Error Code 0x000000ff

Requested URL *********/install.php

Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\install.php

Logon Method Anonymous

Logon User Anonymous

Most likely causes:

•IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request. The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening in the worker process when this error occurred.

•IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.

•IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.

•The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.

•The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.

I have put UAC to the lowest level but I am not sure if there is something else I need to to get this to work properly. Is FastCGI the right thing to be using? How do I get the installer to come up?

I'm certain the windows installer is problematic. I have always done a manual install (though I use Linux now days).

There are instructions in the manual: http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis7.php

Ok, I went through the manual install. Now when I try to access install.php or test.php, I get this error:

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.

I am not sure what extensions I need just to run Simple Machines on IIS7. The documentation for that software only says to "install php" and did not indicate to use manual install (which seems better). Where would I find out how to fix the extension configuration?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.