array_combine modification

jjfletch

When I print_r($_POST) to determine what's being posted from my form, I get this:

[code=php:0]
Array ( [name] => Array ( [0] => Joe [1] => [2] => [3] => [4] => [5] => ) [animal] => Array ( [0] => Dog  [1] => Cat [2] => [3] => [4] => [5] => ) [submit] => Validez )
[/code]

Then, I array_combine to (duh) combine the arrays, and I get this:

[code=php:0]Array ( [Joe] => Dog [] => )[/code]

I'd like to get this:

[code=php:0]Array ( [Joe] => Dog [] => Cat)
[/code]
Anyone know how I can accomplish this?

the array_combine is doing what you asked of it, it is taking the keys from your name array and combinging it with the keys of the animals array, as you only have one element in your name array it will only combine it with one element from your animal array, the first one, which happens to be dog, so after all that it is doing exactly what it is meant to do....

if you wish all the elements from one array to be joined with all the elements of another array then you need:-

[code]

$result = array_merge($array1, $array2);

[/code]

will result, when you print_r it

[code]

Array ( [0] => Joe [1] => Dog [2] => Cat )

[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.