desperate help needed with php code

i am trying to pass the user name from one form to another form. i have got a home page of a user and when he wants to book a meeting, he goes to the booking page. but when he makes the booking , i cant store it in the booking table because i dont have the user name for it.

i am trying to pass the user name from one form to another form. i have got a home page of a user and when he wants to book a meeting, he goes to the booking page. but when he makes the booking , i cant store it in the booking table because i dont have the user name for it.

209968[/snapback]

Have you tried a book on PHP? Here, Take a look at this.

-Sam

209968[/snapback]

Dreamweaver documentation and help offer detailed advice on how to develop multi-page applications as well as how to create and pass a session variable.

Basically, you register the user name as a session variable when they login. Once a session variable is registered it is accessible from any page until the session ends.

Use Dreamweaver help and search on session variable for relevant documentation.

209968[/snapback]

like PMJ said, you'll probably just need to hand code a session variable at the time of login... simply place the session_start() function at the top of your code, and then once they have successfully logged in, just assign their username to a variable like this:

$_SESSION['user'] = $username;

then, you can access the $_SESSION['user'] variable on any page of that domain during the current session.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.