How can I pass <div> contents through a form?

DeX

I have a purchase order displaying on a site that the user can edit quantities for. I want them to be able to hit submit and it takes that form and submits it to some code that auto creates a PDF with it.

The PDF part is easy, I use DOMPDF to create that and it works fine, I just can't seem to get the values passed through. I can easily pass the values of just the input boxes through the $_POST but I don't want to have to recreate the PDF setup after the post. I'd rather just use some Javascript or something to grab the innerHTML of a <div> element and somehow make it available after the form is submitted so the PHP code can use it to send to DOMPDF.

The form submits to itself and I have a piece of code at the top of the page which will create the PDF, I just need the <div> contents and I'm done. How do I get it? I could set it into a hidden variable but the reason I'm not doing that is because for some reason when I assign the big table which contains the whole purchase order into the hidden variable and then try to print it, it comes out all messed up. I don't know why and I'd rather just find another way than attempt to figure that out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.