Why in the hell is mysql_select_db undefined?

It seems like everytime I try and install apache / PHP / mySQL they manage to have it more fucked up than the time before.

MySQL is working, PHP is working.

Loaded Configuration File is C:\php\php.ini

And in that file are the lines:

extension_dir = "C:/php/ext"

extension=php_mysql.dll

And:

C:/php/ext/php_mysql.dll exists

So why the fuck doesn't it work, or even throw an error?

MySQL isn't showing up on the phpinfo page - it's like the extension=php_mysql.dll isn't even there.

Any ideas?

I haven't installed php with a zip, but I assume that it came with an exe or msi in it. If it did, there should be a page where you select what you want installed, did you enable mysql?

-- Edit

it is also possible that apache is using the wrong php install (if you have more than 1 install), or php is using the wrong ini file.

I wish the people who packaged it weren't so fucking stupid.

Your joking aren't you? If you are unable to even remember the process you used to install php then it is HIGHLY likely that the problem is something YOU have done incorrectly.

Just calm down.

Okay, want to know what I'm fucking talking about?

mysql_connect("localhost", "root", "password") doesn't work anymore.

it has to be:

mysql_connect("127.0.0.1:3306", "root", "password")

THAT IS FUCKING RETARDED!

I know it is open source, and some very brilliant people have written some very brilliant code - but just once I'd like to be able to install it without something being fucked up. It's bad enough I have to install about 12 programs everytime I reformat, now I have to replace every instance of localhost with 127.0.0.1:3306??

Turns out the localhost this is a Windows 7 issue, have to uncomment the #127.0.0.1 localhost line in the hosts file now.

Wish someone would make a WAMPPWNUEWOCSX installer.

Windows - Apache - Mysql - PHP - Putty - WinSCP - Navicat - UE Studio - WinRAR - Office - CS whatever version...

Would save me about 50 hours a year, and a considerable amount of stress...

Wish someone would make a WAMPPWNUEWOCSX installer.

Why don't you?

UE Studio - WinRAR - Office and CS aren't free. Not sure if the open source community would support a program that automated the torrent downloading / cracking phase of the installation.

Looks like PHP throws a warning now about the timezone too =/ Would have made more sense as a notice imo.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.