Using TopStyle with PHP

I tried to map a site to http://localhost/  to use TopStyle with PHP but instead of seeing the processed code in the preview, I see all the code itself.

I am using Apache 2 and PHP 4.13 on a  WinXP Pro  machine.

The PHP is working fine and when I preview from Dreamweaver MX I see the processed results, but I would like to be able to sometimes edit directly from TopStyle. I looked at the TopStyle help menus on mapping but I am totally baffled.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I guess your using Topstyle Pro. To be able to parse your PHP files when you go to preview them you'll need to add a [i]mapping[/i]. To add a mapping go to Options > Preview > Mappings

Now click the Add button. In the Map From textfield type in the full location to your Servers document root, The document root is the folder where you place your files so they can be seen when you goto http://localhost/ - for example if you have IIS installed the document root will be:
C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/ by defualt

Or if you have Apache it'll be something like
C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs by default.

Once you have setup the mapping. You should be able to see your PHP files when you goto preview them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.