Undefined Method?

Lamez

I have an error that I seem to find curious. Let me explain what I have. I have a Database class that has a function (the culprit) that is called fetchAll. It is suppose to call the mysqli method mysqli_result::fetch_all(). This method does exist, I have looked it up: The PHP Manual, however do note the last comment on the page, it describes my problem, but does not explain how I can fix it. Now, here is my error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method mysqli_result::fetch_all() in /var/www/core/includes/Database.php on line 36

Here is line 36:

$row = $this->result->fetch_all($mode);

Here is the entire function, or is it called a method since it is in a class?

function fetchAll($mode = 'MYSQLI_ASSOC'){

$row = $this->result->fetch_all($mode);

return !empty($row) ? $row : array();//if not empty return row, else return an array?

}

I could post the entire class, but I think it might be irrelevant so I will spear you guys.

Do you guys think you might be able to help me out?

Thanks!

Since the error message indicates you are using a mysqli_result object, the PDO information out of the phpinfo() has nothing to do with the current problem. Also, the mysqlnd (mysql Native Driver) sits between either the mysql/mysqli extension and the database itself.

You should be looking (searching on the phpinfo() output page) for a reference to mysqlnd

After quick thought, I figured it out. I have tested it and it seems to work, here is how I solved my problem:

function fetchRow(){

return $this->result->fetch_assoc();

}

function fetchAll($mode = 'MYSQLI_ASSOC'){

/*$row = $this->result->fetch_all($mode); */

//return !empty($row) ? $row : array();//if not empty return row, else return an array?

$row = array();

while($f = $this->fetchRow())

$row[] = $f;

return !empty($row) ? $row : array();

}

Any suggestions?

Note: I also don't code with double spaces. I am using Linux and I think it might have something to do with the text-encoding, but I am not sure.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.