retain values after submit - Drupal, Php

weejay

Hello,

I have a form in drupal which after the user submits must be stored in a mysql db and the form values must be retained in the form. How do I do that? I have code to store it in DB but not sure how to retain the values. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What do you mean "retaining the values on the page", so you can edit them later, or in case the user refreshes the page accidentally? If the information is stored in the database already, it's just as simple as connecting to the database and retrieving the values directly.

I saw how to make a form sticky but they are not working in my case. What I am doing is I have a save button which when clicked calls a php page, which saves the data to the db and am using php header section to redirect it to the same page. When I redirect, the data vanishes. I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong. How to make it work in this case?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.