Building a community, need advice from an expert.

alwaysinit

I was just curious to see if someone could answer this here. (I also posted same in freelancing)

My community will offer: Customizable Profiles w/(pics,vids,mp3's), rap battles, monthly song contests, chat, play live via webcam, educational forum, and a few other things.
1.Is it possible for me to pull all that off for say 100,000 members?(using joomla and "CB module" for the core)

2.If I cannot, what would be a ball park figure($) that a serious developer would charge me to create such a system?

3.How long would it take a professional to structure such a site fully?

Thanks in advance for any help.(i need it bad.)

I don't see a problem with a ready made application like [b]joomla[/b] or [b]other[/b], but none of those will be do exactly what you want in the best way. Design structure is critical for any web service, so using something that is generically made as opposed to something that is custom designed to do exactly what you need, will result in you having to hack the generic system and that system will still do things you don't need done, which will use unneeded resources and that goes against most any sound design logic that should I would ever implement.

me!

Cost and time frame can vary from one to another.

Someone might charge you hourly, or might charge you on a contact basis.  What time of hourly wage?  Can be anywhere between $10 -> $100+ depending on how good they are and what people are willing to pay them.

Time frame?  If this is being done entirely from scratch, that also depends on how much of it needs to be coded and what it is that needs to be coded.  Will you have any of the code for this already completed or are you looking for someone who can do it all?

thanks shark, I got joomla's latest version installed two days ago. It works great and the admin manager is the bomb. I had a forum already built from two weeks ago that I integrated into joomla. And yesterday I installed the "CB"(community builder) module. I know HTML, CSS, PHP, Mysql, MyPhpAdmin.

Am I close to being done? I can't really even tell. The "rap battles", "play your music live via webcast", and the "ultra search engine" that I will require seem like they would be deep technologies way out of my league.

Based on that, and the fact that my graphical design skills are weak, I've decided to hire out help on this project. I just don't wanna get raped and robbed, but at the same time the programmers should be paid their worth. I have never hired out for this kind of work so I have no reference.
I need clues, hints, tips, cheats, cracks, dips, chips, chains, whips, candle wax around the nipples...........thanx

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.