Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jana

Php mysql connection

how to connect php 4.1.1 and mysql5.0  

1. 1. how to connect php 4.1.1 and mysql5.0

• yes
    • no

i have installed [b]phptriad and mysql 5.0[/b] when i tried to connect. it gives me the error message that.\
[color=red]
Warning: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in c:\apache\htdocs\testconnec.php on line 2.[/color]

and my src was simple

[color=yellow][color=red]$connec=mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'pwd')
or die("cannot connect to MySQL");[/color]
[/color]

can any one helpme to solve this problem.

Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't phptriad come with MySql? There is no need to install it seperately. What you have here is a compatability issue between your versions of php and mysql.

at present phptriad is having phpversion 4.1.1 can i replace it with php5.1.6.

The version of PHP4 you have is out of date. As the latest version of PHP4 is PHP4.4.4. However I'd recommend you to do awayt with using any all-in-on package. And install AMP seperately.

can anyone tell me how to configure [color=red]apache server 2.2.3 with php 5.1.6 and mysql 5.0server[/color] manually?

What steps have you taken so far? Are they installed? Have you read each applications installation instructions?

yes i have installed phptriad and mysql5.0 server. but i hav created a table in mysql server5.0 when i try to connect to the server i got the error msg that i hav posted. can u tell me what amp to be used.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.