Adding vars to URL

mausie

Hi,

I'm working on a page that reads data of people from an database.
I got a form working on GET method so all vars will be nicely in the address bar when submit.

I want to add a print function. So when the page loads it will check if "Print version" (print == 1) has been clicked and it will show that content instead of the color content.
The link contains PHP_SELF with ?print=1
But... all other vars that were in the address bar are gone when clicked. So the new form get's all kinds of SQL errors.
How could I fix this? Putting all GETS in a $var first. Or will it delete those contents too when PHP_SELF is called. Or Are there other techniques?

Maurice

Ok that works but I can't get it into my link :/

I do print $bla
It shows: /file:/C:/Documents and Settings/mvdstar/My Documents/SQL_PHP/Index2.php?nameinput=&names=Star%2C+Maurice+van+der&year=2006&Results=Results&print=1

I got $bla in <a href.
The link (Firefox) shows:
/file:/C:/Documents and Settings/mvdstar/My Documents/SQL_PHP/Index2.php?nameinput=&names=Star%2C+Maurice+van+der&year=2006&Results=Results

it automaticly removes print

And explorer shows: http://HOST/file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/mvdstar/My%20Documents/SQL_PHP/

??? I don't get that. I'm forcing it to use a string as link and it somehow removes parts automaticly.

Could you post the code you are using here

Prehaps you want to do something like this for the Print link:
[code=php:0]if(empty($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']))
{
    $url = "?print=1";
}
elseif(!eregi("print=1", $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']))
{
    $url = '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] . '&print=1';
}
else
{
    $url = '?' . $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
}

// echo print link:
echo '<a href="' . $url . '">Print</a>';[/code]

here's a function i like to use when i'm doing pagination or other things where i need to retain all query items besides particular ones within a URL:
[code]
<?php
function strip_query($vars) {
  $var = !is_array($vars) ? array($vars) : $vars;
  $newVars = array();
  foreach ($_GET as $key => $val) {
    if (!in_array($key, $vars) && !empty($val)) {
      $newVars[] = "{$key}={$val}";
    }
  }
  return implode("&amp;", $newVars);
}

echo "<a href=\"myfile.php?" . strip_query('print') . "&amp;print=1\">Print</a>\n";
?>
[/code]

hope this helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.