PHP on a CD

gerkintrigg

Hi!

I'd like to produce an interactive CD ROM with links to a website I'm making. The website I'd like to use will have PHP/MySQL functionality, but I'd like to use this offline. Therefore I'll need to have all the data on the CD. My question is this:
How do I get a PHP engine with MYSQL ability to run from a CD without running an install programme?

Is there some freeware / open source software that I might look at?

Cheers.
Neil

Someone the other day asked something like this before. there was a reply which posted a link to a site that, or mentioned about a package you can add to a USB flash drive and you could run your PHP scripts of off the usb drive without installing anythink. Prehaps this could be used on a CD. I'll se if I can find that thread.

EDIT:
Found that thread [url=http://www.firepages.com.au/php_usb.htm]this is the site[/url] I was on about.

[quote]thorpe, I think what he wants is to run it on an installed operating system, not booting into it[/quote]

Yeah.. I guess he might aswell. Not sure how would go about that. It would be quit easy however to build a Linux system that would boot straight into a full screen browser.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.