help..simple

Looka like PHP isnt configured then if you are getting the download dialog box when opening a PHP script from localhost

What
- server are using Apache, IIS or other?
- what OS are you using (Windows, linux or mac)?
- what version of PHP do you have?

How have you install the server and php?

How did you configue Apache to run PHP scripts? You need to configure you server to parse any PHP scripts with the PHP intepreter. You cant just install APache and PHP and think it'll just work. They have to be introduced first.

Have a read of [url=http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php]the manual[/url] on doing so.

I'm moving this to the Installation forum as this is an installation problem you're having.

You said you had installed Apache. I was asking how you configured Apache to run PHP scripts to the PHP Intepreter (php.exe or php-cgi.exe). Did you configure PHP as an Apache Module or as CGI?

If you dont understand what I'm saying then you obviously havnt configured Apache. That why I sent you to [url=http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.apache2.php]the manul[/url].

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.