Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purencool

variable change from class

I have a method that is returning a funny variable, it should be returning what is below and when I echo the return from inside the method it is right.

Software/Section

but when I goto echo the from outside the class I get the following. It adds a back slash

Software//Section

this is the method code and it works fine when I echo the returnValue the value is right

// Creates a  dymamic case statement for making a the choice
    // inside and array
        foreach (scandir($dir) as $folderItem) {
            if ($folderItem != "." AND $folderItem != "..") {
                if (is_dir($dir.$folderItem.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR)) {

$folderItem = $folderItem  ; // this allows the the dir to be placed if statements below
                    $folderContents = $this->showPage( $dir.$folderItem ,$getPageGlobal  , $subdir);
                    $subdir = ""; // this resets so that ithe value does not get added to main links;
                }
                else {
                // put into if into array
                    if($getPageGlobal== $folderItem) {
                        $pageReturn = $dir . $folderItem;

}
                }
            }
        }
        echo $pageReturn.'<br>';
        return $pageReturn;

This is the way I am echoing the class. This is when it decides to add the back slash

echo $dynamicMenu->getShowPage();

Echo out what $dir and $folderItem are.  Check if $dir ends in a / and if $folderItem starts with a / and there's your problem.  That's just me skimming the code, and that's what I see is probably the problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.