IE timeout

yartax

Hi,

I have a problem with IE timeout (or any browser). I have a php page that executes a very long stored procedure before show results. The problem is that IE close connection if no receive data within 30 second. I saw that modifying registry it can be raised up to 2 minutes. But my query is more long that 2 minutes and page load fails.

In the php.ini I set maxium execution time for script to 30 minutes. So php is running, but IE has closed connection.

Any idea?
Thanks.

Yartax.

[quote author=yartax link=topic=109432.msg441033#msg441033 date=1159200107]
Hi,

I have a problem with IE timeout (or any browser). I have a php page that executes a very long stored procedure before show results. The problem is that IE close connection if no receive data within 30 second. I saw that modifying registry it can be raised up to 2 minutes. But my query is more long that 2 minutes and page load fails.

In the php.ini I set maxium execution time for script to 30 minutes. So php is running, but IE has closed connection.

Any idea?
Thanks.

Yartax.
[/quote]

I looked this one up, and PHP had a bug submission for it:
[url=http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=27781]http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=27781[/url]

They marked it as bogus, since it doesn't happen with any other browser.

I have a problem with IE timeout (or any browser).[/quote]

Was replied with this:

[quote author=mewhocorrupts link=topic=109432.msg441037#msg441037 date=1159200593]
I looked this one up, and PHP had a bug submission for it... They marked it as bogus, since it doesn't happen with any other browser.
[/quote]

I'd say that you've possibly misunderstood something somewhere mewhocorrupts.

yartax, maybe you need to look at why you're code's taking so long to execute as opposed to how to increase the timeout settings.  How long does the query actually take to run when executed in MySQL?

Regards
Huggie

[quote author=HuggieBear link=topic=109432.msg441046#msg441046 date=1159201049]
I have a problem with IE timeout (or any browser).[/quote]

Was replied with this:

[quote author=mewhocorrupts link=topic=109432.msg441037#msg441037 date=1159200593]
I looked this one up, and PHP had a bug submission for it... They marked it as bogus, since it doesn't happen with any other browser.
[/quote]

I'd say that you've possibly misunderstood something somewhere mewhocorrupts.

yartax, maybe you need to look at why you're code's taking so long to execute as opposed to how to increase the timeout settings.  How long does the query actually take to run when executed in MySQL?

Regards
Huggie
[/quote]

You'd be correct.  Somehow I completely ignored the information in parentheses.  I apologize.

Well, my code is the best it can be.

The problem is that store procedure has to do a lot of calculations. It's a very big database, and I revised the query plan to do the best. Typical is a 2 or 3 minutes time to perform operation.

If php was multithreaded, I can run query while inform to browse some data to not be disconnected, but it is not possible.

Thanks.
Yartax.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.