$errorhandler .= "The Price value has to be Numbers only.<br />";
}
}
}
?>
[/code]
[b]Intended Code Function[/b]
[list]
[*]Check to see if they filled out the price field.
[*]If they did make sure it was numeric value only.
[*]If not return an error indicating so.
[/list]
[b]Current Script Function[/b]
[list]
[*]Checks to see if they put in a price
[*]Check to see if it's numeric only, but fails in it's purpose. It misses the $ symbol, so when someone puts in a price with  a $ then it returns the value always to $0 instead.  Also I have it automatically putting in a dollar sign on display, so I needed to keep them from it here.
[/list]

You cannot add a dollar sign and pass that through the is_numeric function . is numeric only accepts numbers, optional decimal point, optional exponential part and few other number specific characters.

First you'll wnat to loose the dollar sign and then pass it through the function and then add the dollar sign backin.

No I mean, I am adding hte dollar sign when the information is pulled from the database.  I was hoping to use is_numeric to check and see if they put in a dollar sign, and return an error message.  When I first tested it, with a dollar sign it returned the error, but now it's just changing it over to a $0 instead.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.