presenting myself

ndefontenay

Hi guys,

I'm not originally a php developer but I've been in the web business for the last 2 years as a database administrator production and data warehouse.

I dip my hand a lot in system administration as well.

I'm not new to algorithm and development. PHP is however.

I favor Oriented Object a lot and php5 is giving me a lot of pleasure.

Like everything however, to get better I need the expertise of others, better than me (which should be easy).

Having seen others presentation, I've decided to broaden up a bit on mine.

I'm born in Mauritius (google map is your friend for this one).

My name sounds reaaaaally french. That's because it is. I'm french origin but not french though.

It took me 6 months worth of paper work 2 years ago to go work in Paris, so I can't really tell I'm one of them. I do speak french fluently.

My wife is korean/american and I have 2 step daughters.

I'm currently working on my spouse visa to the US and I should move to San Diego next year around june if all is fine.

Before that I spent 7 years in Asia, moving around between China, Japan, Singapore and Thailand where i lived.

I hope I will be able to contribute more than I learn as I get better with php.

I don't think I'm a beginner. I can write fairly advanced code but I struggle a bit too due to my short experience with php.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.