code coloring

Sometimes dreamweaver gets really confused about the code colouring. For example....

/"test/"

it would miss out one of the slashes and then get completely confused later and the quotation marks dont add up. Get what I mean? Stuff like that.

I'm using MX. I tried MX 2004 but I find its even worse. Does anynody else get this. Or, can anyone suggest a package that parses the syntax properly? I'm not so keen on a simple text editor (I like the file tree on the side of the screen).

Cheers

H

How about...

<?php

/////// COMMENT ////////

phpinfo();

?>

In MX <?php turns up as red and the comment as yellow. Which I quite like. In MX 2004 everythings just blue. Strings in quotes go red I think. I've tried changing the colors but to no avail.

Are you getting a red <?php in MX 2004 ?

Cheers

H

Yes, in MX 2004 I get the <?php and ?> in red, and comments in yellow.

I think your getting them in blue because you are starting your document as a HTML document, when doing that all php code will turn blue until you save it as a php document.

To get your php syntax coloured from the start, when starting a new document, select the type as dynamic from the left hand side, then in the right hand side select PHP. All your code will now be coloured from the start.

Sometimes dreamweaver gets really confused about the code colouring. For example....

/"test/"

it would miss out one of the slashes and then get completely confused later and the quotation marks dont add up. Get what I mean? Stuff like that.

I'm using MX. I tried MX 2004 but I find its even worse. Does anynody else get this. Or, can anyone suggest a package that parses the syntax properly? I'm not so keen on a simple text editor (I like the file tree on the side of the screen).

Cheers

H

214989[/snapback]

I don't know if anyone noticed ot not...but your slashes are backwards

meaning.......they are

/
when they should be
\

if you wanted to escape the quotation marks

that could be why the coloring is off

Hey zanus,

"Remember, nothing says 'good job' like a firm, open-palm slap on the behind."

Thats family guy! The one were peter turns into a women.... I love that show.

-H

215232[/snapback]

heh....join the club

i love that show too

that and aqua team,and a bunch of weird-ass cartoons

......So......can anyone figure out where they top quote is from?

a gmail invite for the winner....lol

like you couldn't just google it out......sorry had to find a way to give em out somehow

I guess I can offer one to henster for finding out the origin of the earlier mentioned quote

......want it?

heh....join the club

i love that show too

that and aqua team,and a bunch of weird-ass cartoons

......So......can anyone figure out where they top quote is from?

a gmail invite for the winner....lol

like you couldn't just google it out......sorry had to find a way to give em out somehow

I guess I can offer one to henster for finding out the origin of the earlier mentioned quote

......want it?

215242[/snapback]

According to Google... Lewis Black, a comedian.

/me would like that invite. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.