Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Candu

PHP ODBC query on informix DB

Hello there.

I am trying to get php to query an informix DB, but at the moment I am just running into the error message:
"Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Unable to load translation shared library (DLL)., SQL state IM009 in SQLConnect in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BusinessIntel\tvha_bi\incfiles\dbconnect.php on line 2
Connection Failed:"

My current setup is as follows:
IIS v5
PHP v4.4
Informix Client SDK v2.90

I have configured a System DNS in the ODBC Data source admin, and tested the connection in the admin, and it works fine. I have also tried querying the dbase from access 2003, which also works fine.

So there seems to be a problem with php communicating with odbc informix drivers.

I have not configured php for use with informix, but I was sure this wasn't the necessary if using php odbc querys rather than informix querys.

The error message refers to a translation library, and I noticed there are options in the odbc setup for a translation library and option, but I am unsure as to what to enter there.

Any help taking this problem forward would be a massive help, as I am well and truly stuck at the moment.

Many Thanks,
Matthew Cohen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.