PHP ODBC query on informix DB

Mr Candu

Hello there.

I am trying to get php to query an informix DB, but at the moment I am just running into the error message:
"Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Unable to load translation shared library (DLL)., SQL state IM009 in SQLConnect in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\BusinessIntel\tvha_bi\incfiles\dbconnect.php on line 2
Connection Failed:"

My current setup is as follows:
IIS v5
PHP v4.4
Informix Client SDK v2.90

I have configured a System DNS in the ODBC Data source admin, and tested the connection in the admin, and it works fine. I have also tried querying the dbase from access 2003, which also works fine.

So there seems to be a problem with php communicating with odbc informix drivers.

I have not configured php for use with informix, but I was sure this wasn't the necessary if using php odbc querys rather than informix querys.

The error message refers to a translation library, and I noticed there are options in the odbc setup for a translation library and option, but I am unsure as to what to enter there.

Any help taking this problem forward would be a massive help, as I am well and truly stuck at the moment.

Many Thanks,
Matthew Cohen

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.