Overall Web page related problems

Ninjakreborn

[b]Website Information[/b]
URL: [url=http://www.thecampussource.com]http://www.thecampussource.com[/url]
Problem Pages- All
[b]Problem Information[/b]
  9-24-06 I recieved an email from my client, they had some changes they wanted to be made within there website (www.thecampussource.com).  I looked over there notes, and as I always do with clients, began knocking stuff off the list one after another.  Then I ran into 2 statements, that didn't strike me as odd because of the situation, and I had also noticed this.  As a Web Developer I know what causes this, but I didn't think there was a fix for it.  These are the 2 seperate things they said to me, and the first one, I saw happen for myself.
Quote 1- [quote]Sometimes when I hit back it says page has expired[/quote]
Quote 2- [quote]When using Mozilla, when you switch schools then browse and hit the back button, a popup comes up that says, "The page you are trying to view contains POSTDATA that has expired from cache. If you resent the data, any action the form carried out (such as a search or online purchase) will be repeated. To resend the data, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel."[/quote]

[b]Theory of problem[/b]
In order to keep the selected schools working properly, I have to make the form send it to index.php, and sometimes it comes from links, so I set up a session instead to lessen the amount of difficulties, I was also recieving this problem when attempting get and post.  But I don't know of a fix for this, or totally why it's happening, now in terms that I can explain.

To prevent post warning on back-button, use method get in the form instead. But ofcourse, the warning is present for a purpose as you know - to prevent repeating (re-submit) something without users attention.

As to the expired notice, do you have an expires meta tag in the header ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.