Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hostfreak

Making bots

I was wondering if anyone had any useful links/resources they could offer when it comes to making bots. It is something I have started to read more into lately. I am going to attempt to make a bot to retrieve flash games/videos from other sites etc.

That would be illegal unless you ask permission from the owner of the sire your taking the videos from.

How would that be illegal? Is it illegal if the browser caches the files then?

There is nothing illegal about it (might not be nice but hey...) if they are on a publicly available server.

I didn't think it was illegal, as I know some people with popular game/video sites that have mentioned that they do it (although that doesn't make it legal, but these people are legit). No luck on getting any information to any resources from them though (was worth a try).

To help you, make an infinite loop, that should make it run forever (do not run it from the browser, but from cli).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.