Photo

Which PHP-Editor do you think is the best?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
322 replies to this topic

Poll: Which PHP-Editor, according to you is the best? (372 member(s) have cast votes)

Which PHP-Editor, according to you is the best?

1. Dreamweaver (109 votes [29.30%])

Percentage of vote: 29.30%

2. Maguma (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Komodo (7 votes [1.88%])

Percentage of vote: 1.88%

4. PHP Designer (27 votes [7.26%])

Percentage of vote: 7.26%

5. Eclipse (21 votes [5.65%])

Percentage of vote: 5.65%

6. Homesite (1 votes [0.27%])

Percentage of vote: 0.27%

7. PHPEdit (8 votes [2.15%])

Percentage of vote: 2.15%

8. Quanta Plus (5 votes [1.34%])

Percentage of vote: 1.34%

9. Vim (14 votes [3.76%])

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

10. BBEdit (4 votes [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

11. Zend Studio (25 votes [6.72%])

Percentage of vote: 6.72%

12. Other (85 votes [22.85%])

Percentage of vote: 22.85%

13. Notepad++ (49 votes [13.17%])

Percentage of vote: 13.17%

14. HTML Kit (7 votes [1.88%])

Percentage of vote: 1.88%

15. Netbeans (10 votes [2.69%])

Percentage of vote: 2.69%

Vote

#201 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

today after almost a year of thrashing windows vista because of the new process for process managment that uses the dirk to cache processes that unlike XP indexing cant be turned off and constantly thrashes ur pc, my hard drive bust.
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#202 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

this means that the hardware of mac machines slips and slides out and in instead of wires and opening.

Pardon? You're saying generic hardware behaviour that can be described as "slipping", "sliding", "wiring" and "opening" exists?

I bet you didn't know that on Linux your hardware also "tickles" and "vibrates" (hence the increasing popularity amongst the ladies).

#203 448191

• Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 3,545 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

Although I imagine macs to be very popular for similar reasons as well:

slip and slide
when you cum from her neck to her hips, and you make her get on top of you and slide around.

#204 Daniel0

Daniel0
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 11,956 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

I don't like the dock, and the dock only shows the programs you have running in your foreground. The task manager shows all processes that are running on the entire system. Besides, this is also entirely irrelevant in terms of being superior for web development.

you have no need to see windows processes, on a mac any process that is instantiated is displayed as an icon in the bottom dock.

No, you don't know what you're talking about. Every process is certainly not displayed in the dock. Only the foreground processes.

unlike XP indexing cant be turned off and constantly thrashes ur pc, my hard drive bust.

Yes you can. Just disable the service or remove all the indexing locations. I know because I have actually done that.

#205 nadeemshafi9

nadeemshafi9
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,245 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Although I imagine macs to be very popular for similar reasons as well:

slip and slide
when you cum from her neck to her hips, and you make her get on top of you and slide around.

lol

I don't like the dock, and the dock only shows the programs you have running in your foreground. The task manager shows all processes that are running on the entire system. Besides, this is also entirely irrelevant in terms of being superior for web development.

you have no need to see windows processes, on a mac any process that is instantiated is displayed as an icon in the bottom dock.

No, you don't know what you're talking about. Every process is certainly not displayed in the dock. Only the foreground processes.

unlike XP indexing cant be turned off and constantly thrashes ur pc, my hard drive bust.

Yes you can. Just disable the service or remove all the indexing locations. I know because I have actually done that.

you can turn off indexing in both xp and vista, you cant turn off the process managment in vista (process managment constantly manouvers process state  in a new and more advanced way to and from teh disk in order to optamise ur machines performance) you cant disable it
DONT LAY AN EGG OVER IT

#206 mojopanel

mojopanel
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUK, Whitehaven

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Dreamweaver, is the best... I have DW 8 & it awsome
www.mojo-panel.com
Mojo-panel.com - Free Hosting Script
----------------------------------------------------
www.mojo-panel.com/forums
Mojo-panel.com - Free Hosting Script - Support Forum

#207 namelessNN

namelessNN
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

i've used dreamweaver since it first came out.  i'm sure there are probably "better" editors to use for php but i can do everything i need with dreamy so i stick with it.

#208 nrg_alpha

nrg_alpha
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,498 posts
  • LocationCanada's Capital

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

I've heard that the new Netbeans 6.5 is supposed to have excellent PHP support. I haven't had time to test it out though.

I downloaded it to give it a whirl.. not bad actually.. its nice.. but I feel its slightly clunky in comparison to Dreamweaver however (doesn't seem as quick or responsive). But it is very customizable and I really like aspects like code highlighting (click on <div and the system automatically highlights the closing > as well as </div> by example) as well as clicking on a variable (which highlites every instance of that variable), and gives you the ability to edit the one instance and see all the instances get updated in realtime (much faster than using say 'find and replace').

At the end of the day, it is very promising admittedly, but I'm not sure it will be enough to wrestle me away from Dreamweaver.
"Build a man a fire, you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
PHP = One cool palindrome!

#209 d239113g

d239113g
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:07 PM

PHPEdit  --- Using this at Uni and think it is the bees knees. Excellent debugger and code highlighter.  Used to use dreamweaver 8 to cs3 before (and still do for simple xhtml pages) but would have to be something very special to change my mind from PHPEdit now (Also used Zend, PHP Designer 2008).

#210 deadlyp99

deadlyp99
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:06 AM

I use a text editor, or edit from command line. Depends if i'm editing on-server or locally.

#211 landavia

landavia
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:49 AM

why no one put crimson Editor here?
*run away...

allright.. i use CE.. and that's nothing better than above list m(_ _)m
demi tuhan, gw ngak mau bantuin kesulitan programing org India. Krn Org india ngak pernah mau bantuin kesulitan programing org lain.

#212 Loathor__Healer

Loathor__Healer
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Php Editor, I use CONtext. Free but you still code the Code by hand which in my opinion every needs to do. I hate programs that Write the codes for you. Like helping you out, correcting your code. Thats fine, but when it comes to it Writing it for you like Dreamweaver.. That really just Chap's my Rearend. :)

#213 WolfRage

WolfRage
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

NetBeans! I used to use Dreamweaver, but I have begun to turn to NetBeans as a complete IDE that is capable of supporting a ton of languages, well still providing me with everything that I need for PHP, plus integrated support for my localhost server controls.
-- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * --
Please be forewarned; rather than giving you exactly what you want I prefer to teach you how to get what you want. Knowledge is power, so take the time to learn PHP and you will be able to wield it's power.
If I just gave you the code to solve your problem then you will be back again tomorrow asking for more of the same code. So please take the time to learn. Thanks.

#214 jackpf

jackpf
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

I've never used anything except notepad++.

Do other editors really have many more features..?

#215 WolfRage

WolfRage
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

Give net beans a shot, you will not be disappointed. Plus if you expand into other languages it will most likely support them. http://www.netbeans....atures/all.html

Ajax | C/C++ | Databases | Debugger | Desktop | Editor | Groovy | GUI Builder | Java EE | JavaFX | Java ME | Java SE | JavaScript | Mobile | PHP | Profiler | Python | Refactor | REST | Rich Client Platform | Ruby | SOA | SOAP | UML | Web | WSDL | XML
-- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * -- * --
Please be forewarned; rather than giving you exactly what you want I prefer to teach you how to get what you want. Knowledge is power, so take the time to learn PHP and you will be able to wield it's power.
If I just gave you the code to solve your problem then you will be back again tomorrow asking for more of the same code. So please take the time to learn. Thanks.

#216 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:01 AM

Do other editors really have many more features..?

Yes, especially useful for large scaled projects.
tjmothy
ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#217 jackpf

jackpf
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:19 AM

Oh right....well, I'll give netBeans a go and share my findings :D

#218 fellixombc

fellixombc
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts
  • Location14

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Dreamweaver 8 ftw!

#219 Maq

Maq
  • Administrators
  • Advanced Member
  • 9,410 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Dreamweaver 8 ftw!

I've used Dreamweaver before, why is it so popular?  I fail to see the big deal about it...
tjmothy
ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#220 fellixombc

fellixombc
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 55 posts
  • Location14

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

Dreamweaver 8 ftw!

I've used Dreamweaver before, why is it so popular?  I fail to see the big deal about it...

its easier to create divs and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users